On March 1st, Marietje Schaake hosted an event on the future of news, online propaganda, fake news and new business models. Watch the video here in full, or the individual contributions of the panellists below:
Session 1 – How to survive as a news company?
• Rasmus Kleis Nielsen (Director of research at Reuters Institute of Journalism, University of Oxford)
• Francois Le Hodey (IPM Group, publisher of La Libre Belgique)
• Rob Wijnberg (De Correspondent)
• Marco Pancini (Google)
Session 2 - Impact of social media on business models, democracy, fake news
• Marietje Schaake (D66/ALDE)
• Anne Appelbaum (Washington Post)
• Richard Allen (Facebook)
• Krisztina Stump (European Commission)
You can read a storify of the Tweets of the event here.